~Keys for a Successful Week~
1. Payments - Payments are due either before or upon arrival to camp. A $25.00 deposit is required to begin the registration process on your son’s attendance. Refunds will only be made to qualifying medical/family reasons. All final spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis as determined by the date of the receipt of the final payment.
2. Arrival Time - Arrival is scheduled to start at 5:00 PM at the Bucklin Memorial building. After checking in at the Bucklin, you may then proceed to the parking area of your camp. No Personal Vehicles will be allowed beyond the parking area. You may drop off your son’s gear and check him in with the campsite leadership.
3. Ferry Transportation - If you are from Long Island and plan to have your son arrive at camp by ferry, please be sure to call the camp and let us know so that we can be sure to arrange for adequate transportation. No scout attending provisional camp should be on a ferry without proper notification of camp officials. Bus transportation will be available to and from the Long Island Ferry. The cost is $12.00 round trip. Please call camp at 401-539-2311 for details and sign-up.
4. Medical Forms - Every scout on the reservation must have a completed class III health form signed by a physician and a parent. No scout may stay on the reservation for any period of time without this form. If your son has attended camp earlier in the season with his troop, an additional medical form must be submitted at the time of registration. This CAN be a photocopy of the one he used with his troop. If he is attending provisional camp for multiple weeks, his form will be transferred to the appropriate weeks.
5. Medicines - If you are sending any medicines to camp, please be sure that they are listed on the medical form. All medications should be in original prescription containers and will be maintained either by the Campsite Scoutmaster or the Health Lodge Staff as determined by storage requirements and Reservation Staff. All unused medication will be returned at the end of camp.
6. Chicken Barbecue - Tickets for the Sunday Chicken Barbecue can easily be reserved by mail or in the Bucklin office, while your son is registering. This is a great opportunity to enjoy lunch at Yawgoog before the Sunday Dress Parade.
7. Visiting Camp - The scouts will be operating on busy schedules as they seek to complete their advancement or program for the week. Accordingly, any interruptions can be very disruptive to their progress. If it is necessary for you to visit your son, please check in at the Bucklin first and we will have a staff member locate him in accordance with his schedule.